Friday, May 4, 2007

Invest in Blue Chip Stocks

The other day, I came across this partcular news article - http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/3/16/business/17163286&sec=business

To make it short, this article tells that if a person who bought one thousand of Public bank shares amounting RM1000 in 1967, and hold on to it until current year (2007), and any dividend/share split during this period are re invested, the value of the shares would have grown to RM1,000,000 plus. Not a bad retirement fund to have and this clearly proves the power of compouding interest.

Of course not all shares promise such growth in value, thus you will need to plan your share investment carefully.

After reading this article, I have decided to invest my fund mainly in large stocks that are giving consistent dividend. Hopefully, by the time i retire, I will have another few hundred thousands to spend during my retirement age.

2 comments:

Nonsense Queen said...

hello...not free to write blog anymore? looking forward to your new post. :p

hamdam abdi said...

great post:)

بلیط هواپیما تهران شیراز